SR802 Sanitary Silicone Sealant is a high performance, one component, fast cure, neutral silicone sealant which is specially designed to resist the growth of mould and mildew where conditions of high humidity and temperature exist. It is ideal for use in and around sanitary and bathroom fittings.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
• Comply with JC/T885-2016 Anti-mildew sealant for building
• Comply with GB/T 1741 ( Anti-mildew Grade 0 )
• Fungus and mildew resistant
• Read to use and quick-drying
• Non-slumping, can be used in vertical and overhead joints
• Ready to use from low (+5°C) to high (+40°C) temperatures
• Stable and flexible from low (-50°C) to high temperatures (+150°C)
• Good weatherability and waterproof performance, resistance to ozone, ultraviolet radiation and extreme temperatures
• Good unprimed adhesion to most common substrates
SR802 Sanitary Silicone Sealant is specially designed to resist the growth of mould and mildew where conditions of high humidity and temperature exist.
Typical applications include:
• Watertight seals around wash basin and sinks in kitchen and bathroom
• Watertight seals around bathroom fixtures and bathtub
• Watertight seals inside and outside of washroom utensils
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS:
This sealant meets or exceeds the requirements of:
• JC/T885-2016 Anti-mildew sealant for building
• GB/T 1741 Grade 0
This product has passed ISO9001/ISO14001 management system certification, and strictly in accordance with ISO9001 quality system requirements for production and control of product quality.
• White, translucent or other colors required by the user
• SR802 Sanitary Silicone Sealant is supplied in 300 ml disposable plastic cartridges and 200L drum bulk packaging.
USABLE LIFE AND STORAGE:
• When stored at or below 27°C in the original unopened containers, it has a usable life of 9 months from the date of production.
• Can not be used as a structural sealant
• Can not be used in totally confined spaces, because the sealant requires atmospheric moisture for cure
• Not recommended for use on marble, granite, quartzite and similar highly porous stone finishes where sealant may affect their appearance
• Not suitable for surfaces that might bleed oils, plasticizers or solvents
• Not suitable for prolonged submersion in water or below-grade applications.
• Not suitable for aquarium use, because product contains a fungicide.
• Can not be used for floor joints where physical abuse or abrasion is likely to be encountered
• Cannot be used on surfaces intended to be painted
• This product is neither tested nor represented as suitable for medical or pharmaceutical uses
HOW TO USE:
• Surface Preparation
Remove all residual dirt, residual and old sealant thoroughly. Wipe off grease and dirt on the surface with a piece of white cloth with solvent, then wipe immediately with another piece of clean cloth, so as to remove the residual solvent and dirt on the surface. Suitable solvents include isopropyl alcohol, acetone or methyl ethyl ketone.
NOTE: When using flammable solvents, keep away from heat and open flames. Use only with adequate ventilation. Avoid prolonged or repeated skin contact.
Primers are not usually required on ceramic, glass and glazed surfaces. Users must carry out their own tests due to the great variety of substrates. The adhesion can be improved in many cases by
Pre-treatment of the substrates with a primer.
• Backing Materials
If backing material is required, use a closed cell type polyethylene or open-cell polyurethane foams, or similar material at the bottom of joints to control the depth of sealant. For shallow joints, use low-viscosity polyethylene tape as the backing material. Avoid three-sided adhesion by preventing the sealant from adhering to the bottom of the joint.
Masking tape can be used in the area adjacent to the joint to ensure a neat sealant line, preventing the surrounding surplus sealant from contaminating the substrate surface.
• Applying sealant
Cut the nozzle at an angle of 45° depending on the shape and specification needed. screw nozzle onto cartridge and place it into caulking gun. Air-operated or hand-operated caulking guns can be used. Apply sealant to the bottom of the joint to fill the joint completely and to ensure adhesion to both sides of the joint. Do not simply lay a bead on the surface as the sealant will not penetrate the joint under its own weight.
Tool the surface of the joint immediately after sealant application to provide a smooth even finish and to ensure the sealant wets the sides of the joint. A tool with a convex profile is recommended to keep the sealant within the joint. Do not use soap or water as tooling aids. Do not touch the surface of the sealant within the 48 hours following its cure. Avoid sealant contact with cleaner or solvent (e.g. bleaching agent) during this period.
Cured sealant can be cleaned with soap and water. If sealant becomes damaged, replace damaged portion.
• Please read the safety data sheet of this product prior to use
• Avoid contact with eyes before curing. If contact with eyes, rinse with plenty of water and consult a doctor
• Pay attention to ventilation in the working areas
• Uncured products should avoid contact with children